My photo
Doha, Qatar
I have been an overseas teacher living in Kuwait for the past nine years. Recently, I have been hired to teach at Qatar Academy just outside of Doha. I love to learn, spend time with friends & family, listen to music, travel, laugh, and work out. But, most importantly as Eckhart Tolle says, & quote; "I am spirit having a human experience." (and having a wonderful time!)

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Break & Istanbul



This Monday I will be landing in Istanbul at 3:00 AM. Dave and I were going to just take a bus transfer into the city but opted for a hotel pickup instead. It will cost more but we also have realized that as we get older we go for comfort rather than saving a few dollars. Dave has never been to Istanbul before so I am excited to show the city to him.
Back in 2003 my sister and I went to Turkey on the way home from Kuwait. Not only did we visit Istanbul but also Bodrum, Pamukkale, Ephesus, and Oludeniz in the south. My favorite memories were of the pottery studios, the small, quaint little towns, as well as paragliding in the south. This time, it will be much cooler than when we visited. Yahoo weather predicts the high of 50's or so. Geez... Hope my thin skin can handle that as coming from Kuwait to there will be tough going.

No comments:

Me

Me
Powered By Blogger